Friday, January 13, 2012

The Most Important Two Minutes You'll Spend This Week

There's a remarkable lady named Hilary Rosen. These days, she's a political consultant and a regular contributor to CNN.  I met her once, many years ago, when she was President of RIAA, the Recording Industry Association Of America. We didn't exactly see eye to eye on the issue of music piracy, and we had a short but substantive chat. I know she'd never remember.  And it doesn't matter. She's a great communicator and has done something pretty special.

 

Hilary

 

I was on Facebook late last night and saw a post from her.  It really hit home for a number of reasons. Because of my visual handicap, I was bullied throughout my schooling, even into college.  I have two kids with special needs, and every day I send them off to school, I pray that they'll have a day without being bullied, ignored, or insulted in some way.  She asked people to post it on their Facebook walls, but I think it deserves wider distribution, so I'm posting it everywhere I can on the Internet.

Dear bullies, The boy you punched in the hall today. Committed suicide a few min ago. That girl you called a slut in class today. Shes a virgin. The boy you called lame. He has to work every night to support his family. That girl you pushed down the other day is already being abused at home. You think you know them. Guess what, you don't! Re-post if you are against bullying. I bet 99% of you won't , Re-post this if your that 1% with a heart

Please take a moment to share this with anyone you know who has been exposed to bullying, who has a child, or who needs to be reminded that there are some people in this world (and I'm not talking about myself) who care about our kids and their well being.  I think you'll make your Friday the 13th a little better, and help do the same for your friends.

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

Posted via email from Mark Edwards 3.0

blog comments powered by Disqus