Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Baseball Loses A Legend. RIP Ernie Harwell

bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=C4&Dato=20090828&Kategori=SPORTS02&Lopenr=908280802&Ref=PH&Item=11&MaxW=600&MaxH=450&border=0&Quality=100
Image Courtesy www.freep.com

As a broadcaster, I have a special spot in my heart for baseball on the radio.  Today we lost one of the greats, Detroit Tigers broadcast legend Ernie Harwell. 

People who write much better than I will write much more interesting tribute to the 92 year old Hall Of Famer.  There are great things posted at what's left of the Detroit newspaper, .The Online freep.com  Here's an interview with Bob Costas and Ernie Harwell, courtesy of the Detroit Tigers Website.  Costas/Harwell Promo.

I'm not good at saying goodbye to someone I've admired but never had the pleasure of meeting, I'm sorry I never got to shake Ernie Harwell's hand and thank him for all he'd done over the years.  I just hope he's in Baseball Heaven with the players and fellow broadcasters who whom he spent most of his memorable life. 

Posted via email from Mark Edwards 3.0